123 HP OfficeJet 6958 Printer Setup and Installation
HP OfficeJet 6958 is a fast duplexing printer that can print in high volumes without any difficulties. Get XL compatible Ink Cartridges for achieving a maximum ink yield. Connect the power cable to the HP 6958 Printer Setup and then switch on the power. Easy connect the USB cable to the computer and the other terminal to HP 6958 Printer Setup. Load the Input tray with a stack of paper. Run the Setup software from the HP OfficeJet 6958 series Installation disk and then follow instructions to finish the HP 6958 Printer Setup. Open the printer software and then click print to access the print dialog. Choose HP 6958 Printer Setup and then forward a Test Print to end the HP 6958 Installation.
123.HP.COM/OJPRO6978 Printer Tech Support
Call Toll-Free No.: 1-844-494-9030
How to replace the ink cartridges?
- Cross checked whether your HP Officejet 6958 printer is switched on or not.
- Stack enough paper on the paper tray.
- Now, remove the cartridges by opening the access door.
- Before removing the cartridge, make sure you wait until the print carriage moves to the right side of the printer.
- Now, lift the cartridge tab to remove the cartridges from its slot.
- To insert new ink cartridges, remove them from packaging.
- Using the pull tab, take off the plastic tape.
- Now, place new ink cartridge at an angle and slowly push it until it snaps into place.
- Close the access door of the cartridge.
- Align the print cartridges to see if it’s working.
Color Printing Setup
- Place a stack of unused plain white paper in the tray.
- Select the Print option on the File menu.
- Ensure that your HP Officejet 6958 printer is selected.
- To change the settings, press the button that opens the Properties dialog box. (Based on the software application, Properties may also be called as Options, Printer Setup, Printer or References.)
- Choose the appropriate options according to your need.
- Select the Layout tab to choose Portrait or Landscape orientation.
- Go to the Paper/Quality tab and choose the paper type available in the
- Media drop-down list in the Tray Selection area.
- In the Quality settings area, select the print quality you want.
- Now, click on the Advanced option in the Paper/Output are to choose the paper size.
- Select OK or Print option to start printing.
In any HP printer, be it envy, Officejet, Officejet pro or deskjet, you can choose between black and white or colour printing. The tri-colour ink cartridges would help HP Officejet 6958 printer users to replicate the colours used in the original document. Check the estimated ink levels once in a while to make sure that you do not run out of ink. If you are busy to check the ink levels, you can subscribe to Instant Ink service of HP which will notify the ink levels and send new ink cartridges to the registered address before your ink cartrdiges run out of ink.
123.hp.com/ojpro6958 Printer Support
OJ 6958 Driver Installation
- Unpack your printer from the cardboard box and remove the entire protective tap on the HP Officejet 6958 printer.
- Open the HP Officejet 6958 printer’s access door and remove the protective tape inside the printer.
- Now, connect one end of the power cord to the printer and the other end to an electric socket.
- Press the Power button to switch on your HP Officejet 6958 printer.
- Now, open the access door and locate the place where ink cartridges should be inserted.
- Unpack the new ink cartridges, hold them by the side and remove the protective tape.
- Gently, push the ink cartridge in its slot, until you hear the click sound.
- Repeat the same process for the second cartridge.
- Close the printer’s access door.
- Follow the instructions on the printer’s control panel to setup the printer.
- Install HP printer software from the HP website or through the CD that was provided.
- Windows: Go to the 123.hp.com/dj2130 website and follow the instructions. You can also use the CD if case your computer is not connected to the internet. Insert the CD and double click on the setup file to start the process.
OJ 6958 Wireless Setup
- A laptop or desktop that supports wireless networking
- A working wireless connection with a router.
- Network name (SSID)
- WEP key or WPA passphrase.
How to connect the printer?
- On the HP Officejet Pro 6958 printer’s control panel, push the Wireless button followed by the Settings option.
- Now, scroll through the options to select Wireless Setup Wizard. Select OK.
- Follow the on screen prompts to setup the connection.
- Insert the software CD that came with the printer in the computer/laptop.
- Now, follow the instructions displayed on screen to complete the installation process.
How to connect a new printer?
- Perform one of the following tasks based the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: Right click on any empty area on your Start screen. Navigate to the app bar to click on All Apps. Now, you need to click and open the folder that has your printer’s name.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start — >All Programs – – > HP – – >HP Officejet 6958
- Choose Printer Setup & Software.
- From the list of options available, tap on Connect a new printer.
- Follow the on screen prompts to connect a new printer.