123.HP.COM/setup 4512 Printer Tech Support
Call Toll-Free No.: 1-844-494-9030
Sleep mode can be useful for users who want to consume electricity. When Sleep Mode is enabled, power usage is reduced. Your 123.hp.com/Setup 4512 printer will automatically enter Sleep Mode after the printer lies inactive after 5 minutes. You can also schedule when the printer should be switch on and when it should be switched off as well.
How to change the time to Sleep Mode?
- Open the EWS (embedded web server).
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Under the Power Management section, select Energy Save Mode.
- From the list of options available, choose the desired option.
- Now, click on Apply.
123.hp.com/setup 4512 Ink Cartridges Install
How to set up the wireless connection using the HP printer software?
If you are yet to install your HP Officejet 5746 printer, use the CD that came in with the printer to install it and follow the steps below.
- Windows: When asked, tap on the Wireless icon and then follow the on screen instructions displayed on the screen.
- OS X: On the software CD, double-click on HP Installer option and perform the following tasks.
- To open the printer software, click on it.
- If you are using Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, touch Utilities.
- Select Printer Setup & Software.
- Now, touch Connect a new printer and follow the on-screen prompts.
Macintosh (OS X):
- Open the Hewlett Packard folder and double click on the HP Utility icon located in the Applications folder.
- Select Setup New Device from the Devices menu and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- download driver from 123.hp.com/setup 4512.
- Click on the Start button on your desktop screen.
- On the search menu bar, type ‘Add Printer’.
- A new dialog box appears and asks which type of printer you want to install.
- Select Add a network wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Select ‘Use an existing port’ and click Next.
- If you have selected USB connection, then choose Add a local printer.
- From the list of options available, choose the printer name(HP Envy 4512) and then click Next.
- A new dialog box opens asking you to install the printer driver.
- Go to the Windows update tab and then tap on HP or Hewlett Packard.
- download driver from 123.hp.com/setup 4512.
123.hp.com/setup 4512 Printer Support
Wi-fi protected setup
How to connect wireless network through Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)?
- A wireless network in working condition. The wireless network should also possess Wi-Fi protected setup router
- A laptop or desktop with wireless network facility.
Push button (PBC) method:
- Push and hold the Wireless button on your HP Envy 4512 printer until the light starts blinking. It should approximately take three seconds to enable the WPS push button mode.
- Now, click the Wi-Fi Protected Setup on your router.
- On the HP Envy 4512 printer’s control panel display, tap the Wireless button to display the menu. (NOTE: Wait till the printer completes the print job before pressing the Wireless button.)
- Choose Settings from the printer’s display screen.
- From the list of options available, click on Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- If you have the WPS router with a push button, use the Push button method mentioned about. However, if your router does not have a push button, choose PIN and follow the on-screen prompts to initiate the process.
How to connect the printer?
- On the HP Envy 4512 printer’s control panel, push the Wireless button followed by the Settings option.
- Now, scroll through the options to select Wireless Setup Wizard. Select OK.
- Follow the on screen prompts to setup the connection.
- Insert the software CD that came with the printer in the computer/laptop.
- Now, follow the instructions displayed on screen to complete the installation process.
Auto wireless connectivity setup
- Your desktop or laptop should use Windows Vista (and newer) and Max OS X 10.5 (and newer) versions of the operating system.
- The operating system installed on your computer is in control of the wireless adapter through which the HP software will retrieve the desktop or laptop’s current network settings (the username and password).
- Your computer device and your HP Envy 4512 printer should be connected to a wireless connection.
- Your computer is connected to your wireless network over 2.4 GHz. (NOTE: HP printers do not work in 5.0 GHz networks. But, you might be able to connect the printer to network using different setup methods till your modem or router supports 2.4 GHz.)
- Make note that your desktop or laptop does not use a static IP address.
- Your HP Envy 4512 printer will be HP Auto Wireless Connect mode for two hours after it is switched on for the first time or during installation before it’s connected to a network. (If your printer has been switched on for more than two hours and the software hasn’t still tried to connect the printer to your wireless network, then you can reset the mode. Open printer’s control panel and then click on ‘Restore Network Settings’ or ‘Restore Network defaults’.)