123.HP.COM/OJPRO6230 Printer Tech Support
Call Toll-Free No.: 1-844-494-9030
How to change from an Ethernet connection to a wireless connection(Windows)?
- Unplug the Ethernet cable connected to your HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer.
- Once the installation is complete, open the software.
- Windows 8 and 8.1 users should click on Utilities.
- Choose Printer Setup and Software.
- From the list of options available, select Reconfigure wireless settings.
How to change from an Ethernet connection to a wireless connection (OS X)?
- Connect your 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer to the wireless
- Go to the Applications/Hewlett Packard/ Device Utilities folder and change the connection to wireless using the HP Setup Assistant option.
123.hp.com/ojpro6230 USB Port Connect
How to connect the printer with the USB cable?
- Take out the software CD that came with the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer and insert it in the CD-ROM drive. (NOTE: Do not connect the USB cable to your HP printer until the printer asks you to do so.)
- Carefully, follow the instructions displayed on screen. When you are prompted, select USB option on the Connection Options screen.
- Complete the process by following the on-screen prompts.
NOTE: If you have successfully installed the software, the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer will function as plug-and- play printer. If you have failed in installing the software, insert the CD again and follow the same process.
123.hp.com/ojpro6230 Scan Documents
- Based on the operating system you use, perform any one of the following options.
- Windows 8: From the desktop Start screen, right click on an empty area. Now,select All apps on the apps bar and then tap on the icon with your printer’s name.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: On the desktop screen, do the following. Start – – > All Programs – – >HP- – >HP Officejet Pro 6230.
- Now, press the Print &Scan icon and then choose Scan a Document or Photo.
- From the shortcut menu, tap on the type of scan. Now, click on Scan.
- Users can select Save if you want to scan another document with the same settings.
- Once the document is scanned, your saved document will be opened.
123.hp.com/ojpro6230 Printer Support
Troubleshooting WPS connection
- A wireless 802.11/b/g/n network which has WPS wireless router or accesspoint.
- The computer and the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer should be connected to the same router.In case you have a WPS router with a WPS push button, follow the Push Button. Ifnot, follow the PIN method.
How to use the Push Button Configuration (PBC) method?
- Users will have to press and hold the Wireless icon button for a couple ofminutes for the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer to enter WPS mode. The Wireless light now startsblinking.
- Now, press the Wi-FI Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router.
How to use the PIN method?
- Users can print the print configuration page by clicking the Wireless and Information button at the same time. In the print configuration page, locate the WPS pin. The pin is printed at the top of the configuration page.
- Press and hold the Wireless icon button for a couple of minutes for the printer to enter WPS mode. The Wireless light now starts blinking.
- Now, open the configuration utility or software for the wireless router you are using and then enter the WPS pin.
Troubleshooting Ink cartridge issues
How to align the cartridges from the printer software?
- Place A4 or letter unused white paper on your HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer’s paper tray.
- Perform the following tasks depending on the operating system you use.
- Windows 8: On your Start screen, right click on an empty area. Now,tap on All apps from the app bar.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Desktop – -> Start – -> All Programs – – > HP – – > Your HP Officejet Pro 6230.
- On the printer software, tap on Print & Scan option. To access the PrinterToolbox, select Maintain Your printer option. The Printer Toolbox dialogbox opens.
- On the Device Services tab, press Align Ink Cartridges. Now, the printer will print an alignment page.
- Place the alignment page print side down on the scanner glass.
- Follow the on screen instructions displayed on your printer to align the cartridges.
- After aligning the cartridges, recycle or discard the sheet.
How to align the cartridges from the printer display?
- Tap on Tools option from the printer’s home screen.
- From the list of options available, choose Align Printer. Read the prompts and do the following.
- Check the estimated ink levels and print a diagnostics page.