Deskjet 2130 wireless Connect Without Router
How to switch Wi-Fi Direct on or off?
- Click the Wi-Fi Direct button on the printer’s control panel.
- Press the Information button to print the Information page. You can locate the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- When you switch on the Wi-Fi Direct for the first time, the printer will print a Wi-Fi Direct guide which will provide instructions about how to use it.
- After the first time, you can print the guide by simultaneously click on Wi-Fi Direct and Information buttons at the same time.
- When the Wi-Fi Direct option is switched off, the light is off.
How to print from a wireless-capable mobile device that supports Wi-Fi Direct?
- Ensure that you have switched on Wi-Fi Direct on your printer.
- Switch on the Wi-Fi Direct on your mobile phone.
- Select a document or a photo from your mobile phone and then choose the option to print the document. Now, the list of available printer appears.
- From the list of printer available, choose the Wi-Fi Direct name.
- If the Wi-Fi Direct connection security is set as Automatic, then the mobile will automatically connect to the network.
- If the Wi-Fi Direct connection security is set as Manual, then do one of the following.
- Press the Wi-Fi Direct button if you find the Wi-Fi Direct light keeps blinking.
- In case, the printer prints a page with a Pin code, then follow the instructions to complete the process.
How to print from a wireless-capable mobile device that does not support Wi-Fi Direct?
- Switch on the Wi-Fi Direct on your HP printer.
- Now, turn on the Wi-Fi connection on your mobile phone.
- Connect to a new network from your mobile phone. Use the process that you normally use to connect to a network.
- When asked, enter the Wi-Fi Direct password.
- Print the document you need.
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (Windows)?
- Ensure that you have switched on Wi-Fi Direct on the printer.
- Now, switch on the Wi-Fi connection on your computer.
- Connect to a new network. From the list of networks shown on screen, choose any one of the Wi-Fi Direct name.
- When asked, mention the Wi-Fi Direct password.
- Try printing a document or a photo.
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (OS X)?
- Ensure that you have switched on Wi-Fi Direct on your HP printer.
- Switch on the Wi-Fi connection on your computer.
- Now, select the Wi-Fi icon and touch the Wi-Fi Direct name.
- If the Wi-Fi Direct is switched on with security, then enter the password.
- Now, add the printer by following the below mentioned steps.
- Click on System Preferences to open it.
- Based on the operating system you use, click on Printers & Scanners.
- On the left hand side, below the list of printers, click on the plus (+) sign.
- From the list of printers, choose the printer you want to use and then click Add.